Habit


I did it! I got my ass out of bed this morning and did a session of yoga. Now I would like to say 'this is me every morning' but that would be a lie. Don't get me wrong, the intention is always there but you know, the snooze button is so enchanting. However, yesterday, Mastin Kipp from The Daily Love suggested reading this article that recognises the three phases of creating habits. The first is the 'honeymoon stage', this is when we find something easy to do. The second is 'the fight thru' when our goal or resolution begins to get tough and we allow it to drift away. The third is the 'second nature' stage and there are three pointers to watch out for that will send us back into stage two. One of the techniques to get us pushing past our blocks in the second phase focuses on emotion. So whilst I was lying in bed debating yoga I asked myself "How will I feel if I do this? (answer: amazing, peaceful and triumphant) How will I feel if I don't so this? (answer: shit)" The rest is history, welcome to my blog.

~ Lala ~

'Life begins at the end of your comfort zone' - Neale Donald Walsch

No comments:

Post a Comment